JMR is recruiting JAVA full-stack Developers to work on projects in the financial/insurance industry. You will be responsible for building Java-based solutions, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the solution’s architecture.
They strongly believe in and follow Agile software development and DevOps best practices and principles.
- 5 – 15 years’ experience within Java and with current Java versions
- Knowledge of industry coding standards/guidelines
- Understanding basic coding concepts like Code blocks, flow, IO, FileSystem, Serialization, Configuration, Self-commenting code, Data access
- Understanding coding concepts and constructs like lambdas, Idiomatic patterns and RegEx
- Understanding of OOP
- Understanding the difference between solution architecture and design
- Design principles and architectural and design patterns
- Concepts such as IoC
- SDLC – Agile, Waterfall, ETC
- Knowledge of security concepts, tools and techniques
- Ability to define quality in the context of software development
Technical Stack that may be used:
- HTML / CSS / JS / Angular 2 or later / ReactJS
- Java including: Java SE / Java EE / Hibernate/ JPA / Spring
- JVM Languages: Kotlin / Groovy
- Build & Dependency Tools: Maven / Gradle
- Testing: JUnit / Selenium / Mockito / Cucumber
- Microservices: Spring Boot / Vert.X / Micronaut / Netflix OSS libraries
- Containerisation: Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Web Services and Networking: RESTful APIs / SOAP / HTTPS / GRPC / Protobuf
- Mobile: Android / IOS / Ionic / React Native / Cordova
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services / Azure / Google Cloud
- DevOps: Jenkins / Bamboo / Gitlab CI
- BSc Computer Science OR Relevant Bachelors’ Degree / Diploma / recognised qualification from an accredited tertiary institution
6-12 Month contract with the possibility of renewal.
Mandatory Vaccines. If not vaccinated but willing to be, will still be considered.