Purpose: To source data science capability for complementing the current internal capacity for fulfillment of the data management requirements (data extraction and analysis.)
- Acquire, extract, process and synthesise datasets from company’s systems.
- Meeting specified data standards required for general data requests, specialised data requests as well as ad hoc requests including analysis thereof to provide insights and identify revenue opportunities.
- Provide advisory support on big data, data analytics and data mining techniques and methods in order to fully utilise data to the benefit of the organisation.
- Develop, amend, update and enhance available scripts to improve the extraction methods used.
- Assist with the practical implementation of the data management plan.
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum Honours degree in a Data Science related qualification, or
- Relevant/ Appropriate certification in Data Science
- Advanced knowledge of business information management,
- Highly skilled in advanced analytics and big data
- Relevant knowledge of statistical analysis tools; SQL and SAS
- At least 5 years advanced working experience in data analytics and business intelligence environment
- Knowledge of the enterprise data warehouse environment and creation of data marts.
- Experience in managing and using large data sets.
The output of the exercise is summarised as follows:
- Automated periodic provision of tax statistics
- Design and development (improvement) of models for the various tax products
- Satisfaction of requirements for National Treasury using SSIS package and other various tools as prescribed
Additional Output / Ad hoc tasks / General:
- Improvements and enhancements to the NRCM server environment, processes to accommodate automation and Machine Learning functions.
- Explore automation functions and machine learning techniques to improve the data management and analysis processes.