Our client which is in the Financial Services Sector, based in Johannesburg is seeking a SQL Developer. This is a contract role
Candidates to run existing and develop new processes and objects using Microsoft SQL Server as the primary platform, in the development of web-based solutions. All interactions with the Microsoft SQL Server database are done via specific queries and procedures developed using this platform. The work also includes the assistance assist with the day-to-day support, maintenance and administration of existing MS SQL Server jobs related to the Salesforce Application. It also requires assistance to the various support teams in troubleshooting SQL object issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop complex T-SQL queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
• Assist in the design of the relational database architecture for new development projects.
• Develop new / alter existing SQL objects based off a set of requirements.
• Troubleshoot SQL objects that fail.
• Support the development team in troubleshooting application performance using SQL profiler and optimizing SQL queries or tuning indexing
• Service requests from business, which include changes to processes or ad hoc data requests.
• Develop according to set coding standards and processes.
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer/Engineering/Mathematical Sciences and/ or at least 3-4 years relevant experience as a SQL developer as part of a team in a software development environment
• Relevant Microsoft Certification (SQL developer) will be beneficial.
• 2 years relevant experience as an Intermediate SQL developer as part of a team in a software development environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• A good understanding of the SDLC process, tools and techniques specifically as applied to software development methodology. Required to understand Agile methodology and ways of working
• Experience working with security sensitive data (beneficial)
• Knowledge of security vulnerabilities and working impact on solutions.
• Experience of the following in Microsoft SQL Server:
• Relational database design principles
• Understanding of SQL Server Administration
• SQL OLTP development
• SQL Query optimization
• SQL Query analysis
• Database object design
• Basic understanding of front-end languages like HTML, CSS, JAVA script (Beneficial)
• Ability to deliver production quality software by e.g. paying attention to detail, do extensive unit testing and support quality testing phases.
• Knowledge and experience of the following toolsets:
• SQL Server Management Studio 2012 upwards
• SQL profiler (beneficial)
• Some knowledge on cloud services like AWS (Beneficial)
• Some knowledge on Salesforce
• Good understanding of data integrity and security best practices.
• Hands on experience in Exception Handling and Troubleshooting
• Troubleshooting slow running queries, Profiling Performance Issues (Beneficial)