- The Software Developer Team Leader is responsible and accountable for the systems development and maintenance across all companies within the company Group.
- This includes being responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, support and maintenance of all custom written applications or other software.
Strategic and Project Management:
- Participate in strategic planning to determine IT requirements to meet the operational needs of the companies within the group.
- Develop and maintain best practice procedures within the domain of the software development life cycle.
- To ensure that the company has the correct resources (internally or our-sourced) to meet the development projects as required by business.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Project management of various IT projects acting as a work stream leader.
- Establishing and implementing IT Policies and Procedures within the software development domain
- Manage and grow the software development team.
Operations and Support:
- Manage the software development operations to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the information systems infrastructure.
- Determine software requirements and areas of improvement.
- Effectively manage change within the group of companies and managing appropriate support systems.
- Perform system maintenance and support.
- Perform on-going performance tuning, bug fixing etc.., and resource optimization as required.
- Travel to stores and regional offices as required to install systems, train, and trouble shoot.
- Develop, test, deploy, support, and maintain custom written applications and software.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to design and develop software solutions that meet business requirements.
- Develop and maintain high-quality code, ensuring adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Implement software solutions that are scalable, maintainable, and extensible.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications to resolve issues.
- Ensure that software is delivered on time, and to specification.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other members of the development team.
- Manage, motivate, and inspire staff to achieve service excellence.
- Promote an environment that motivates, encourages initiative and inspires cross functional teamwork and commitment to the company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 8 years of experience as a C# software developer.
- 3 years Team Lead experience
- Strong experience with asp.net Web Forms.
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL.
- Experience in developing, testing, deploying, supporting, and maintaining custom written applications and software.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Desire to learn and stay up to date with new technologies and development practices.