JMR is recruiting Specialist QA Engineer (Automation) to work on projects in the banking industry. You will be responsible for the Design automation testing plans and develop automation test scripts for multiple technical products / services (pre, during & post deployment) in both. Run & Change contexts and align to chosen application testing frameworks & guidelines. Testing may apply to all or a combination of the following front-end, back-end, integration, performance, scalability and regression testing of solutions. This entails full responsibility for ensuring products are protected through quantifiable test coverage & metrics.
Detailed Deliverables / Outputs expected of the successful candidate:
- End to end testing – Involved in all the testing phases on the programme including designing and running test cases, defect management, monitoring & control and reporting amongst other things.
- Completed the analysis & extraction of test requirements / test scenarios for the project
- Completed the writing of test cases based on the extracted test cases.
- Executed all the planned test cases on the project.
- Continuous reporting of the progress of the testing activities.
Detailed Competencies required for this role:
- 5+ years proven testing experience (mandatory)
- Strong working experience in functional, system, integration and regression testing.
- Strong understanding /working experience of analyzing requirements and extracting test scenarios and test conditions from the business / functional requirements (mandatory)
- Strong understanding /working experience of writing test cases from extracted test scenarios (mandatory)
- The potential candidate must be a self-starter and able to work from home/off shore with minimal supervision / connectivity issues (Remote working) (mandatory)
- Strong understanding and experience in working with Mainframe systems (mandatory)
- Strong experience in testing mainframe systems (mandatory)
- Strong Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Reporting skills (advantageous)
- Experience working in an Agile environment (advantageous).
- Testing certification (advantageous)
- Good Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Sound Knowledge of the banking domain (banking / financial services) (advantageous)
- Sound Knowledge of the Digital platforms (Web, USSD, and/ or mobile domain). (advantageous).
- Should be willing to provide Production support as and when required (Almost daily)
- Exposure to test automation ( Selenium, UFT, Cucumber…etc.)(advantageous).
- Working experience on the test management tools (Test Rail & Jira/X-Ray) (advantageous)
6-12 Month contract with the possibility of renewal.
Vaccines are not mandatory but candidates need to disclose their vaccination status.