To manage and support customer technical solutions and provides general technical support on customer systems under the guidance of technical specialists.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Server hardware, Server operating systems, and software. This includes operating system updates, patches, software updates, firmware updates, security patches, and general configuration maintenance.
- Implementation and support of virtualized infrastructure
- Provide IT operational support to servers, firewalls, storage, and networks.
- Administration including MS Windows, AD, O365, SCCM, VMware, Hyper-V, Veeam B&R, Exchange, McAfee EPO
- Understand the requirements of being part of a 24×7 on-call operation
- Operates closely with associated infrastructure service teams to meet SLAs and resolve problems.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting MS environments within a large and highly complex organization.
- Significant hands-on experience in administering Office 365 environments (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange Online, Azure AD, VMware, Hyper-V, Veeam, McAfee EPO)
- Design, Maintenance, Support, Deployment, Implementation, Systems Engineering (Cloud Engineer, Backup & Disaster Recovery)
- Strong analytical, reasoning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience providing Microsoft application & operating system support
- Extensive experience in VMware and Hyper-V Implementation, and maintenance
- Strong technical skills supporting Hardware & Software
- Microsoft Server operating systems and Infrastructure services (2013 – 2019)
- Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, IIS
- MS SCCM and McAfee EPO (ESSENTIAL)
- Backup, Replication Disaster Recovery technologies, and processes
- Extensive Windows Server/Exchange/Active Directory administrative skills.
- Understanding of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Experience in PowerShell and Scripting to support administration and automation of M365 management.
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or similar
- Alternatively, Grade 12 (NQF 4) with relevant IT certification
- VMware, SCCM, EPO certifications and experience